Being in your home should feel like an enjoyment, not a never-ending project! Any renovation is a complex process that involves design, demolition, framing, electrical, plumbing and more. When you tackle an entire home remodel at once, it brings you cost savings as the workers can tackle these processes in sequence throughout the home. Then when it is all complete, you can finally relax and really enjoy the space!
Many times, we have started design consultations with homeowners regarding their kitchens, but soon the homeowners find that they would like to update other elements of their home at the same time. It’s fairly common for homeowners to want to update their flooring, trim and paint colors, staircase balusters, light fixtures, and more while remodeling their kitchens. This way the home feels like it has truly been transformed with minimal extra time and money.
Here are some common whole home remodeling requests that the team at Steller Construction completes while remodeling kitchens:
- Older homes tend to follow the trend of having different flooring in various rooms of the first floor. It’s not uncommon to see tile floors in the kitchen, carpet in the living rooms and wood floors in the dining room. Replacing the floors to be cohesive throughout the first floor is a great way to make a big impact throughout your space. Wood and Luxury Vinyl Plank is a popular choice for our clients.
Trim and Woodwork:
- Painted woodwork and trim is in line with the trends of today’s home colors. Oak trim colors can really date a home. Many homeowners have the Steller team paint wood with a lighter color paint to update their home or we also have updated trim from smaller and shorter builder-grade trim to a more substantial, thicker trim around the home.
- Paint is one of the easiest ways to freshen up your home. Once a renovation starts and new paint goes up in a room, homeowners realize that the rest of the home could use freshening up too. It’s best to plan for a whole house paint project at the beginning of your renovation, as to minimize the time your home is under construction and to save on costs and time.
- Staircases can be completely transformed with new balusters and paint. Iron elements continue to be popular, along with keeping the lines straight and minimal. Painting the wood along with the home’s trim makes a big impact too.
- Traditional designs of fireplaces can include outdated tile surround and bulky mantels. There are many ways to make your fireplace feel new again. Updating it with more modern stacked stone and neutral colors goes a long way. Changing the mantel to match your new design style helps too.
Door Entryways and Locations
- As we work on kitchen demo, often times it makes sense to create a better flow throughout the home by moving doorways. Sometimes just moving the location of a door a few feet away can make a huge difference in how the home functions. We’ve also updated curved doorways to a more modern layout or even expanded doorways to create larger openings and create a more open flow to the home.
- Lighting options are always fun to shop for during a kitchen or bathroom remodel. It’s not uncommon for a homeowner to start noticing the dated look of the lights throughout their home while we do a room remodel. Two-story entryway foyer lights can make a design statement the moment someone enters the home. We can also easily change recessed lights to LED lighting to eliminate the chore of changing lightbulbs throughout the home and save energy too.
Laundry Rooms/Mud Rooms
- Many laundry rooms and mud rooms are located near the kitchen. Our experienced team can install new cabinetry in the mud room at the same time and truly transform the look and feel of the space. Many homeowners are also choosing to stack their washers and dryers, allowing our design team to maximize the space with more built-ins and storage designs.
- Our team can be more efficient with your time and budget when remodeling a powder room at the same time as a kitchen remodel. Our plumbers, electricians and trim carpenters will be already be onsite, so updating this room at the same time just makes sense.
Steller Construction has the expertise to remodel your entire home. Our team members can help your home function better for you and your family’s lifestyle. We are able to provide detailed 3-D drawings so you can envision the space before we start with demolition. Contact Us today to learn more about Steller Construction’s entire home remodeling capabilities.